Wind power is seen as an environmentally friendly source of energy and is considered a key component in what has been termed the green shift. However, as demand for wind energy increases, so to do the environmental impacts of wind farms themselves. This dilemma has increasingly been in the spotlight.
At Spoor we believe that with modern technology, computer vision, machine learning and AI we can lower the cost, enable continuous and long-term monitoring, and provide higher accuracy and reproducibility of such assessments, and also build automated prevention systems that operate with a minimal impact to energy production.
As a cloud engineer at Spoor you'll be joining a world-class engineering team to design and build the cloud infrastructure at Spoor.
What you'll do:
As a Cloud Engineer, your responsibilities include:
- Have the key responsibility for designing and building Spoor’s cloud platform
- Collaborating with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions.
- Modifying and improving existing systems.
- Educating a broader team on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives.
- Developing and maintaining cloud solutions in accordance with best practices.
- Ensuring efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities and production deployment issues.
- Regularly reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for improvements.
What you'll need:
- Degree in computer science or a similar field.
- At least 2 years of experience in the field of cloud computing.
- Experience with CI/CD systems.
- Experience with SysOps.
- Experience with a major cloud provider (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- You’re a team player and get things done
- Experience with AWS preferably AWS certification
- Previous experience working on production AI/ML systems
What we offer:
Flexibility. We offer a flexible working environment with freedom to tailor your work situation and hours to suit your life situation.
- A market-related salary package
- Employee equity in the company
- A high quality of life and security in beautiful Norway
- An opportunity to grow and learn as a professional and as a person
- A diverse and inclusive workplace and an opportunity to make a difference
- Work in a world-class team with exceptional talent on important problems
Spoor was founded in 2020 by founders Ask Helseth, Lorea Coronado-Garcia and Helge Reikerås who found each other in the Antler startup accelerator program in Oslo, Norway. The founders connected on a shared passion for renewable energy, sustainability and artificial intelligence. Spoor has received financial support from the Firda, Startuplab, Antler Nordic Fund, and Innovation Norway.