Spoor is a growing startup with a vision to enable nature and industry coexist. Recognising the environmental challenges of wind farms, we specialise in cutting-edge environmental impact assessments and continuous monitoring. Leveraging modern technology, including computer vision and AI, we optimize cost, accuracy, and efficiency.
At Spoor, we are committed to fostering a workplace that values diversity, inclusivity and accessibility. We are proud of our diverse team that consists of 12 nationalities. We strive to create an inclusive environment where every voice is heard, individuals feel valued and can bring their authentic selves to work. We believe that a diverse team is a key for creativity, problem-solving, and success. We wholeheartedly welcome everyone that is passionate to join our mission!
Description of the role
As a software engineer at Spoor every day you will be building bird detection and analysis software to process terabytes of videos. The tech-team at Spoor is small, so you can easily be involved in more than building software. This could be for example building data pipelines, training machine learning models, designing product solutions, building network infrastructure, troubleshooting system failures and much more. Our team works closely together to deliver their objectives timely. Entering our team ensures there will always be something relevant to do, no week will be the same and you will learn something every week!
Your work might include the following:
- Developing and maintaining our video processing software
- Building robust data pipelines
- Building and maintaining serving infrastructure
- Monitor the performance of our systems
- Working with terabytes of labeled and unlabelled video data, for example analyzing and building models
- Ensure uptime and functioning of IP cameras and computing equipment at remote locations
Must have 🚀
- At least 2 years work experience with developing software in Python
Maybe you also have something from these? 🦉
- Experience working with cloud computing platforms (for example AWS, Google Cloud or Azure)
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience in computer vision
- Experience building and operating reliable distributed systems in the cloud and on the edge
- Experience with computer networking
- Experience in AI frameworks like Tensorflow or PyTorch
- Experience in TypeScript
What we offer
Flexibility. We offer a flexible working environment with freedom to tailor your work situation and hours to suit your life situation.
- A market-related salary package
- Employee equity in the company
- A high quality of life and security in beautiful Norway
- An opportunity to grow and learn as a professional and as a person
- A diverse and inclusive workplace and an opportunity to make a difference
Accessibility to our office floor with an elevator
- Work in a world-class team with exceptional talent on important problems